Saturday, March 16, 2013

Have voice, will travel . . . .

Last Thursday I made the trek to Emeryville for a callback audition at Leapfrog Games. I had read for four characters in a new game they are producing, and they called me in to give reads on three of them. It was an awesome experience, and I felt quite honored to make it to that point. Of course, there is no way of knowing how it will turn out, but I felt good with my performances and the booth director was enthusiastic and positive. We shall see . . . .

The lobby at Leapfrog Games in Emeryville, CA.
One thing that really surprised me was the attitude of people when they heard I was coming from Mendocino. I know (BELIEVE me, I know) it is a three hour drive each way, and I don't mind it so much. I realize that I have to go to the job---it's not going to come to me. But one person literally said "Are you crazy?" when I told her where I was coming from (this was another voice actor.)

I look at it this way: I have to be willing to do what I need to do to make it in this business. If that means driving a couple of hundred miles to get a shot at a job, so be it. It doesn't matter to the client how far I am coming from. They just want the best performance I am capable of.

So I am ready to load up my iPod with tunes and podcasts, gas up my Saturn, and hit the road if need be. There is a whole range of possibilities out there, and limiting myself because of where I live is not going to bring them to me.

Have voice, will travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment